On April 19–21, 2023, the 6th International Conference “Cultural Heritage of the Mongols: Manuscript and Archival Collections” will be held with support from the President of Mongolia. The conference is jointly organized by the Institute of Oriental Manuscripts RAS, the Institute of History and Ethnology of the Mongolian Academy of Sciences, and the International Association of Mongolian Studies.
Location: The Institute of History and Ethnology of the Mongolian Academy of Sciences (Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia)
Themes of the conference:
- research on Mongolian written monuments;
- Mongolian historical sources and new research approaches;
- Russia and Mongolia: features of intercultural dialogue;
- structure of government system in different historical periods;
- power structure and features of Mongolian politogenesis;
- folklore, literature, and language of the Mongols: past and present;
- religious traditions in Mongolian culture.
Languages: Mongolian, Russian, English.
Deadline for applications: January 31, 2023
The application should include:
Information about the participant (full name, academic degree, place of work, email, phone number);
Presentation abstract (800 words maximum) – deadline: February 15, 2023
Please submit your application to secretaries of the organizing committee by e-mail: I.V. Kulganek (email@example.com); D.A. Nosov (firstname.lastname@example.org); N. Khishigt (email@example.com) and T. Enkhchimeg (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Full information is available on the Russian website.